Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back in Ankeny, IA

We rented a car Wed. a.m. July 6th, left the boat in Burlington, and headed for Moravia, IA (near Lake Rathbun) where we visited Mom Schaut and spent the night with her.
Our rental car... Maserati.  Just kidding, we had a Chevy Cobolt, but it was black like this one.

How wonderful to take a shower with warm water and not having to worry about people coming in while I'm naked.  Loved it.

                   Had to pull off on a gravel road just north of Moravia to make way for this house coming down the highway.

Thursday we headed for Ankeny to visit Mom Martin.  We stayed at her place through Sunday evening.  While there, we had supper Thursday evening with Bob's son, Rob & friend, Greg, and I went to the Des Moines Farmer's Market with sisters Paula and Lesley and niece, Ali on Sat. morning. Fun.  Then Bob & I went to my 40th class reunion.  Oh my, what fun and a very good turnout.  Lots of classmates attended as well as many former teachers.

This is a picture of classmates who started kindergarten together and graduated together.  Of course, many more joined us along the way, but these were the "originals". Can you pick me out? I guess the suntan gives it away.


 



No comments: