Saturday, August 6, 2011

Spiders

My latest challenge is spiders.  I have not had a real problem with spiders in the past. I lived on a farm for 24 years and we had big barn spiders with armor looking backs & heads and we had the huge black & yellow garden spiders stretched across the fences, bushes, weeds, etc. and there were the usual spiders here & there in the house nothing squishing them in the kleenex didn't take care of.  They just didn't seem to bother me much.  Must have been because they didn't invade my space often.  I recognized that the barn was their house, the yard was their house, etc.  I think I am having a problem now because, I am trying to live in their house and now we are at war. 

How can a huge hairy spider whose legs span a good inch & a half get into this dinghy?  How can those huge spiders get nearly to the top of the mast? The ones on the mast are so big, I can easily see them from 25' below  How are they getting into the vberth, way down below deck and where our bed is... btw. ICK!

Bob keeps telling me in a sing song tone of voice "Remember Susan, spiders are our friends. They eat bugs."  WHAT?  I will take the bugs over spiders, anyday.  Where is the animal that is suppose to eat the spiders?  Obviously, they are asleep on the job.

I am not winning the spider war, but I have not given up. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Marc said...

That is funny, because I just spent 3/4 of the day today emptying out my boat and cleaning the WHOLE inside hoping that would get rid of the spiders and the camper kind of smell. I did,nt have the big hairy ones but I did have ALOT of little hairy ones. Hopefully my daughter will be joining me on Saylorville next weekend. Have fun and be safe you two, Marc