Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pickwick Lake - Waterfall Cove on the weekend



The Waterfall Cove gets very busy with partiers on the weekends.

And some people get plastered early in the day.  Funny!

Dude & his air guitar...



It has been decided that for the next week or so, we will be hanging around Pickwick Lake. We may motor down to Big Springs for a day or two but then come back up to Pickwick Lake, where we can hold up during hurricane season.  There is much to see & do at Pickwick Lake so I won't go nuts.  I have found that I have a "condition".   I need something physical to do for a few hours a day.  So I like to have accessibility to walk the dog, row the dinghy, fish, or swim.  Shopping in a courtesy car is good, too.  But I have found that my attention span on this little boat in a secluded cove is limited to about 2 days. After 2 days, I get restless. Another option while is Joe Wheeler State Park. It is about 15 miles up river towards Florence, AL. It is like a state resort with marina, pool, lodge, restaurant, walking trails, laundry, and showers all for $150.00 for the whole month.  That is a bargain. 

No comments: