Sunday, October 9, 2011

Natchez, MS - The Wedding

We finally got the rental car from Enterprise at 11:00 Friday morning, and hit the road for Natchez, MS. The trip was about 5 hours.  Friday happened to be my Aunt Mavis and Uncle Dale's 60th wedding anniversary so their son, Jeff & wife, Barb took my Mom and Bob and I out for supper at a fancy historical home called Monmouth to celebrate.

Standing is my cousin, Jeff & his wife, Barb.  They live in Enterprise, AL so they drove over to Natchez for the wedding.  Sitting is Uncle Dale & Aunt Mavis.  Mavis is my Mom's little sister.

My Mom, looking gorgeous.

Our table at the Monmouth.


Above is my cousin, Dana, his youngest son, Taylor and wife, Jennifer.
Dana is the bride's father.  They live in Apollo Beach, FL.

And Saturday morning the bride made time to meet all of us for lunch. She was very excited.

Cousin Barb & Aunt Mavis.


After lunch with Bride Danielle, we had time to go tour this beautiful Antebellum home.  It is only one of  19 Antebellum homes in Natchez, MS.  The day we were there, was the "Fall Pilgrimage" where the homes are open to tour. (Bob & I will be going back to Natchez when we have more time)

Sister's - my mom and Aunt Mavis on the second floor balcony.



Looking at the detached kitchen at Rosalie Plantation from the upstairs balcony.

No comments: